MiracleDB contains a bunch of useful tools and scripts to ease your everyday SQL Server tasks. A lot of SQL Server DBA's walk around with their own set of tools/scripts to give whatever info they usually looks for, but now we have put
some of these magic tools in one place - and that place is the MiracleDB.
The MiracleDB solution consists of multiple components which can be downloaded and installed separate from each other. The features of these components are at the moment:
- Index+ base
- Collect statistics about index fragmentation
- Perform the maintenance tasks discovered from the collector, and logs valuable information. It is intelligent enough to perform online rebuilds where possible, and offline when not.
- General maintenance behavior can be configured in the Settings table.
- See statistics about the index maintenance tasks, either on daily aggregated level, or in detail on index level.
- Views for easy access to SQL Servers own statistics about missing indexes and index usage
- Automate collection of SQL-server traces
- Avoid using sql-profiler and get a REAL overview.
- Grouping on execution commands with outmasked parameters.
- Easy extraction of results based on importance (Reads, Writes, Duration, Occurencies and CPU)
- Perform delta runs on your DB environment to see exactly which objects are changed.
- Stores information about how your objects we're and how they look now.
- Supports Databases, Tables, Stored procedures, Views, Indexes and Size
- Collect information about statistics
- When statistics will be updated can be configured with parameters (percent of rows changed)
- Option to choose between fullscan or sample percentage
- Possible to check statistics on one single index or entire database
- This feature depends on the Index+Base module.
To create the best MiracleDB we would really like your input, comments, reviews of our products.
You can comment on the entire package
- Statistics v1.0 (2010-11-15)
- Added new Statistics module.
- Indexing + base v1.4 (2010-11-15)
- Scheduling mechanism has been moved to a new base schema, and the indexing procedures has been changed to match that.
- Delta v0.91 (2010-10-11)
- Fix for database names containing hyphen etc.
- Delta v0.9 (2010-09-24)
- Released the first version of this tool.
- Indexing v1.2 (2010-08-31):
- Added QUOTENAME to idx.IndexUsage to fix issues if you have databases with ie spaces in the name.
- Indexing v1.1 (2010-08-27):
- Changed Version column in MiracleDB.Version table to VARCHAR(200) to match the code in the tracing component.
About Miracle A/S
Miracle A/S is thought of as one of the country’s (Denmark, and maybe even the world’s) leading companies when is comes to expertise on database centric platforms.
With our deep knowledge of the possibilities and limitations on both SQL Server and Oracle platforms we can take care of problems right from the lowest level of the technology stack and all the way up to, and including, the program logic and behavior.
||NDepend is a Visual Studio tool to manage complex .NET code and achieve high Code Quality